Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tableau Server 8 First Blush - A Much Improved UI - Images

Thank you, Tableau.

I install, configure, and administer Tableau Server in different environments for clients with very different needs. Tableau Server hasn't made this easy, and in many ways has been a struggle.

Tableau's been paying attention to usability issues, and Tableau Server 8's UI is much cleaner and better organized.

I'll save the critical analysis for the future - I'm particularly interested in how Tableau has handled the complexity of the intersecting permissions involved with web publishing.

For now, I'm just going to soak up the nice newness, and present here the basic images of the new Tableau Server UI, from an administrator's perspective.

I've captured them in the minimal size I could get Windows down to, so they're going to be re-scaled to different proportions to fit in the blog – clicking on the individual images should provide you with a full sized view.

No comments:

Post a Comment